Tutor Request Form
PLEASE NOTE: before you will be assigned an individual tutor you MUST attend drop-in tutoring twice and you are encouraged to meet with your professor.
Allegheny College Tutoring Expectations
When requesting a one-on-one tutor through the Learning Commons, a student must agree to the following conditions. As a tutee, I will:
1. Complete all sections of the online Tutor Request Form (Paper forms are available in the Learning Commons).
2. Let Erin O'Day-Frye (email@example.com or ext. 2898) know if my tutor does not respond to my request within two days.
3. Fill out the Tutoring Contract, at the first session, and abide by the mutual expectations.
4. Attend class regularly.
5. Seek help from the instructor of the course in addition to working with a tutor. (Please note that your course instructor will be notified that you are working with a tutor in his/her course).
6. Respond to communication from my tutor in a timely manner.
7. Meet regularly, throughout the semester, with my tutor.
8. Contact my tutor if I am running late for a tutoring session or must cancel a tutoring session.
9. Prepare for tutoring sessions by reviewing course notes/assignments and compiling a list of questions to discuss with my tutor.
10. Arrive on time to all tutoring sessions and bring relevant course materials.
11. Work to learn material independently and not ask tutors to do my work for me.
12. Limit my time working with a tutor to a maximum of three hours/week per course.
13. Contact Erin O'Day-Frye if I would like to request a different tutor for the course.
14. Contact my tutor if I no longer need to receive tutoring in the course.
15. Understand that if I miss three sessions with my tutor, the match will be dissolved.
Name (First AND Last)
What course would you like tutoring for?
I have met with the course instructor
I have been to drop-in tutoring at least twice
I am repeating this course.
I agree to the expectations as listed above.
I need to talk with you about these
Do Not Fill This Out